About President Obama:
1. "He would call from time to time and share his thoughts on the race. 'Don't try to be hip, you're a grandma,' he'd tease. 'Just be yourself and keep doing what you're doing.'"
2. He thought she overdid it in 2008, so he kept trying to get her to rest more in 2015-16. Aw.
3. When she called the President right after she called Trump to concede: "The President said everything right. He told me I'd run a strong campaign, that I had done a great deal for our country, that he was proud of me. He told me there was life after losing and that he and Michelle would be there for me."
1. After her concession speech: "I'm so proud of you... That was a great speech. History will remember it."
2. He has opinions on the relative merits of CBS procedurals: he "insists" NCIS: Los Angeles is the best of the franchise.
3. "I remember how hours after she was born, Bill walked around the hospital room with tiny Chelsea in his arms, explaining everything to her. We didn't want to waste a moment."
4. Bill was the first father that hospital ever let be in the operating room during a C-section, and it sounds like they only allowed it because he was Governor and insisted.
5. "In a minute he will reorganize our bookshelves for the millionth time, which means I will not be able to find any of my books, and once I learn the new system, he'll just redo it again, but I don't mind because he really loves to organize those bookshelves."
6. "He never once asked me to put my career on hold for his. He never once suggested that maybe I shouldn't compete for anything - in work or politics - because it would interfere with his life or ambitions. There were stretches of time in which my husband's job was unquestionably more important than mine, and he still didn't play that card. I have never felt like anything but an equal."
7. "On our first date, we went to the Yale University Art Gallery to see a Mark Rothko exhibit. The building was closed, but Bill talked our way in."
Post a Comment