1. So Many Books, So Little Time: A Year of Passionate Reading by Sara Nelson
2. Something by Nick Hornby. I think it was Housekeeping vs. the Dirt, but until I went to look it up for this, I hadn't realized he'd published several books about his reading life, and OH MY GOD I HAVE TO GO READ THEM RIGHT NOW.
3. Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader by Anne Fadiman (I took a friend's copy of this with me on a camping trip and it got wet and I had to buy her a new one. Never go camping. It's terrible for books.)
4. The Possessed: Adventures with Russian Books and the People Who Read Them by Elif Batuman
5. Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading: Finding and Losing Myself in Books by Maureen Corrigan
Friday, March 11, 2016
Friday Five: Great Books About Reading
I love books about what people read and why and how they feel about it - I was going to say "they're so inspirational" and I guess I mostly mean inspiring me to... read... but hey, that's fine. I'm sure there are some great ones I've missed - what are your favorites? Here are five of mine.